We all have them, embarrassing little quirks that while may not be socially acceptable, are a part of our every day lives. I’ve decided to share mine in an attempt to make you all feel better about yourselves.
1. I always buy an extra box of Peanut Butter Tastey Kakes when grocery shopping. I then proceeded to hide them from the children. Once I finish my stash, I usually eat the rest of their box as well. I also lecture the kids about the importance of choosing healthy snacks, with a straight face.
2. I procrastinate. I am fully aware that doing a little each day is the smart way to complete any task. However, I will wait until the last possible second to do everything. I then yell out how I wish there were more hours in a day. More hours to procrastinate that is.
3. I’m silly. I often burst out into song and dance throughout the day. I’m not good at either. But even the baby laughs, so I must be doing something right.
4. I refuse to sort socks. I sometimes wear socks that don’t match, as do my kids. I see nothing wrong with this.
5. I hate homework. I hated it when I was in school and I hate it even more now that I have school aged children. I feel like our evenings are consumed by it. And since I teach my kids that it is bad to procrastinate it’s the one area I cannot procrastinate. I hate being such a good role model.
6. I love naps. Not that I ever actually get them, but I often daydream about what it would be like to get a nap in every day! Pure heaven.
7. I have un-managed Adult ADHD. Yea embarrassing. I plan on getting help with it just as soon as I find a home, job, ect.
8. I do not eat condiments (except ketchup) no mayo, mustard, salad dressing, dip. I know really strange. Thankfully none of my kids have inherited picky eating. Don’t you just hate that?
9. When I had a car, I would sneak through the Drive through before picking my kids up from school. Dollar menu baby. My kids do not eat that poison…but mom sure likes it!
10. The last embarrassing thing about me, which I have just learned while writing this list, I’m a huge hypocrite! Sorry, I just want what we all want, better for my kids.
Now who wants to make me feel better about myself? Please share your embarrassing quirks below.